Many species of bird in the UK are a nuisance, the main species being gulls and pigeons which are frequently found in urban areas. These species and other species cause problems by:
- Bird fouling – deposits on buildings, cars, etc, causing corrosion
- Fouling of footpaths causing safety hazards
- Aggressive behaviour during the nesting season
- Nesting in or on buildings
- Spreading disease through droppings
- Noise pollution
- Ground nesting
The best method of controlling bird problems inside buildings is to keep them out in the first place by blocking up all holes and openings greater than 20mm in diameter. If you have a bird control problem the first step to is to call Active Limited. Bird control and bird scaring measures we employ are:
- Bird Control using traditional proofing techniques such as netting, bird wire and bird spiking.
- Bird Control using innovative proofing techniques – electric or gel deterrents (ideal for listed buildings).
- Humane bird trapping and egg or nest removal.
Many birds are protected under the Countryside and Wildlife act 1981 and to deal with any bird control problem a General Licence is required.